Ovarian Cancer Treatment
Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer that starts in the ovaries. Women have two ovaries, one on each side of the uterus. Ovaries are of the size of an almond. Ovaries produce eggs as well as the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Symptoms of ovarian cancer often go unnoticed till it spread in the pelvis and abdomen. At the late stage of ovarian cancer, it is much more difficult to treat and is frequently fatal. On the off chance that ovarian cancer is identified at an early stage it will probably be dealt successfully. Surgery and chemotherapy treatment are generally used to treat ovarian cancer.
There are rarely any symptoms of ovarian cancer at early stage. Advanced-stage ovarian cancer may cause few and nonspecific symptoms that are often been mistaken or ignored. Following are some of the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer:-
• Abdominal bloating.
• Irritable bowel.
• swelling in the abdomen.
• Weight loss.
• Discomfort in the pelvic area.
• Frequent urination.
• Feeling of fullness.
Types of ovarian cancer
Treatment for ovarian cancer depends upon the type of cancer its stage and overall health of the patient.
• Generally, epithelial tumor begins in the thin layer of tissue which covers the outer part of the ovaries. About 90 % of ovarian cancers are epithelial tumors.
• Stromal tumors start in the ovarian tissue. The ovarian tissues contain hormone which produces cells. Stromal tumors are usually diagnosed at an earlier stage as compared to other ovarian tumors. Around 7% of ovarian tumors are stromal tumors.
• Germ cell tumors begin in the egg-producing cells. This is a rare ovarian cancer which tends to generally occur in younger women.
Stages of ovarian cancer
The treatment options for ovarian cancer are generally based on the stage of cancer.
- Stage I cancer found in one or both ovaries.
- Stage II Cancer growth has spread to different parts of the pelvis.
- Stage III Cancer growth has spread to the abdomen.
- Stage IV Cancer growth is found outside the abdomen.
Treatment for ovarian cancer
Ovarian cancer treatment is a combination of surgery and chemotherapy.
Treatment generally involves removing of ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, nearby lymph nodes and a fold of fatty abdominal tissue where ovarian cancer often spreads. The surgeon will remove as much as cancer as possible from the abdomen. Less extensive surgery is considered when the ovarian cancer is diagnosed at a very early stage. In stage, i ovarian cancer the surgery may remove one ovary and its fallopian tube. This procedure may preserve the ability to have children.
Post-surgery chemotherapy is given to patients to kill any remaining cancer cells. Chemotherapy drugs are also injected into a vein or directly in the abdominal cavity or in some cases both. Women with advanced ovarian cancer are also given chemotherapy as the initial treatment.
India offers advanced treatment for ovarian cancer at quite an affordable price. India has a large pool of exceptionally qualified experts who offer quality treatment for ovarian cancer at the very affordable price. Travcure is one such medical tourism company that offers a wide range of services and facilities. Customized packages of Travcure offer food, accommodation and visits to exotic locations. Travcure is associated with the top most healthcare facilities in India which are well rigged with latest technology and facilities.
For More Information Please Contact Us At: https://travcure.com/ovarian-cancer-treatment/
For Quick enquiry, Please FILL THIS Form: https://travcure.com/enquiry-form/
Call us for appointment:-
India & International Caller: +918600044116 / +91-9766217000